Sunday 22 November 2015

One More to Go!

Well it's been quite a week, it's that time of year when everything seems to accelerate and you don't seem to have the time to fit everything in.  It was my Birthday last Friday and that took me away from my crocheting/knitting in a very nice way of course while family and friends came to celebrate with me.

I'm also having to work extra shifts at work because my colleague is on holiday however I have still managed to make set number three....



This time made in crochet, I chose this pattern because I have used it before and I could remember how quickly it worked up and how easy it was. You can find the pattern here.



The mittens are knitted and I used Marianna's pattern here

I love crochet because it's fast but I prefer the finish of knitted hats and mittens, they stretch and give a nice cosy fit.




Only one more week to go before I need to get these sent to knit for nowt and I still have one more girly set to make and then I will have made two of each.


I doesn't end there either because knit for nowt has sent out yet another appeal they are asking for cardigans or jumpers for little girls, if possible in time for Christmas but because my box is going off at the end of next week I would have to make something before then, so do you think it's possible for me to make..
one hat
one pair of mittens
one scarf
one cardigan
before next Thursday? of course thats on top of going to work and the other million things that need doing Christmas is coming after all.  

I will try!!:)

I'm so sorry I haven't had time to visit your blogs but thank you so much for all the lovely comments and words of encouragement, I will be around to see you all as soon as I can, I hope that you are all well and have a great week! :) xxx








 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

12 comments:

  1. That's a lot to ask before next Thursday, even if you forgot about sleeping. But if anyone can, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your speedy knitting X

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look smashing and thank you for sharing the pattern, may give it a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty set. I think you can do it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes. You seem to be speeding through the sets and this latest set is lovely. No matter how quickly we get things done, we always wish we could go even faster! I hope you have an industrious week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday to you, Linda!!:)
    The new set is lovely !! I hope you make whatever you want to:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An other beautiful set !!!!
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors! So great!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely set Linda - very well done - and belated birthday wishes from me too. Hope the year ahead is a really happy one for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a whole lot of knitting and crochet to do before next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely set for a boy. I hope you get everything made that you'd like to before the deadline. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx