Sunday 7 October 2012

The Inside Rectangle

I have fallen a bit behind with this because I have been very good as promised and have been resting my hands, but now dare I say it... they are improving, it is such a relief because I was afraid that they never would so thank you all you lovely people for your support your kind comments and best wishes kept me going through the none crocheting days.  
I have began to crochet again but very cautiously and taking it slowly, so now I'm trying to catch up.
For Week 1 of the  Afghan granny sampler we had to join squares to make the inner rectangle.  I must admit I struggled quite a lot with this.  I couldn't get it the way I wanted it and it took me ages to feel satisfied with the result, it was a bit like doing a jigsaw puzzle but without the right pieces.




Now I am trying to join the other squares to it,  I think that's going to be even harder and it could take quite a while,  I won't give up on it though and hopefully one day, I will have something resembling a blanket and if I ever get there I will show you how I did it, wish me luck!  :)

You can read how I got to this point  here


17 comments:

  1. I love it Linda - it's looking very pretty. :)

    p.s. would wrist braces help when you're crocheting? My right wrist has started to bother me lately and I'm thinking about getting a brace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it might Debi and I would try one if I were you before it gets any worse, but I think I need more than that as my thumbs hurt the most, I do wear braces at night and I think it's them that have helped, I am thinking of getting crafter gloves to use while I crochet:)

      Delete
  2. Keep on taking it easy Linda, or you'll undo the good work you've done. Support gloves help me a lot - you get so used to wearing them that you forget you've got them on. Here is a link: http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/Creative_Comfort.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know you are right and I am taking it easy, thank you for the link I am definitely going to et some of those. :)

      Delete
  3. oh my linda this is so beautiful! you did a great job! hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh Linda...loving the inner rectangle! I can just imagine how much umming and ah-ing would go into organizing the pattern just how you would like! The swirly square looks great in situ!
    Good to hear your hands are feeling better
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the inner rectangle.....I cant wait to see it when it's all finish and very curious on how you did it! It's amazing!
    Shari ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so lovely! I love how the colours work together. Well done you! Looking forward to seeing how the other squares fit in, can't wait to see it all finished. S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your header photos!

    Can't wait to see how your blanket turns out. So sorry you're having to deal with hand pain. It's frustrating when the mind wants to but the body rebels! Hope you continue to feel better.xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the colors and all the different squares make the blanket very interesting to look at. :-)

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very beautiful
    Love the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made a beautiful blanket ​​with all these different squares, a nice idea I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I hope the hands are feeling better all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I was thinking that joining all those mixe motifs has to be the hardest part of this blanket. But you did a great job! congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun and whimsical pattern, Linda. Sending healing thoughts and energy for your hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for your lovely best wishes and comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx